Traditionally exalted as one of the seven sacred cities (Sapta Puri) of the Hindus, Ujjain is one of the four sites that host the Kumbh Mela (also called the Simhastha Mela), a quadrennial mass pilgrimage that attracts millions of Hindu pilgrims from around the country. It is also home to the Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga, one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines to the god Shiva. An ancient seat of learning, Ujjain is the place where Lord Krishna, along with Balarama and Sudama, received his education from Maharshi Sandipani. It is also known as the city of Temples. In Indian mythology, the origin of the city is ascribed to the act of Sagar Manthan, which refers to the churning of the primordial ocean performed by the demigods and demons to discover a pot containing the nectar of immortality.
Responsibilities of a police officer are varied, Typical duties relate to keeping the peace, Law enforcement, public safety,civil service, public service rescue, security and the investigation of crimes. We are also work on initiatives to raise awareness and prevent crime from happening in the first place,maintaining law and order,Safe guarding and protecting life and property.
We are working in partnership with the community and other agencies and maintaining public confidence in the Force.
The objective of Ujjain Police is to Uphold the law fairly and firmly;To prevent crime, To keep the peace in partnership with the community, And to be seen to do all this With integrity, common sense and sound judgment.
We must be Compassionate, courteous and patient,Acting without fear, or favor or prejudice To the rights of others,
We need to be Professional, calm and restrained In the face of violence And apply only that force Which is necessity to accomplish our lawful duty We must strive To reduce the fears of the public And, so far as we can,To reflect their priorities in the action we take.
- Honesty, confidence, social awareness and a responsible attitude.
- The ability to remain calm in sometimes life-threatening situations.
- The ability to work alone and in a team.
- Good courage, initiative and common sense.
- The ability to show tolerance and courtesy to the public.
- The ability to give and receive instructions.
- Respect for the rights of members of the public and of the Force.
- Fairness, impartiality and compassion in all our dealings.
- Professionalism, knowledge of the law.
- Dedication to quality service and continuous improvement.
- Effective communication both within and without the Force.
Initiative by Ujjain Police
- Operation of Nirbhaya mobile for women safety.
- Has Facebook Page for Social policing.
- Whatsaap number for connecting people and direct info.
- Build IT cell.
- Build Ekta panchayat for community policing.
- Campus Complaint Box- Complaint boxes have been provided in school & college campuses for sexual exploitaion and abuse against to women and children. These boxes are opened by the concerned SHO and complaints so received, are being registered in Daily Diary of the Police Station for taking necessary action.
Reception Desk has been established in each Police Station to ensure prompt service to the complainants and others visiting Police Stations. The reception officers have been briefed to be polite and courteous as and when the complainant and others come to lodge complaints, to ascertain the progress of previously submitted complaints or for any other purpose.
In every police station, a Women’s Help Desk with women police has been made operational round the clock. A dedicated telephone line has been provided to the women help desk in all the police stations. At night, 2 members of the lady police staff are deployed at sub divisional police station. Police Station wise list of these numbers have been made available on Ujjain police website.